Know Before You Go... Health and Safety Information
Lost River Gorge & Boulder Caves is excited to welcome you back for the 2020 season! Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and staff; we all must act responsibly to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Guests will notice new procedures and policies in place across the property, including in the Main Building and along the Gorge boardwalk trail. These protocols follow recommendations and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in addition to Universal Guidance and industry specific guidance provided by the NH Governor’s Economic Re-Opening Task Force. Lost River Gorge is also following Attractions/Tourism industry-specific guidance to maintain healthy business operations and a healthy work environment.
We will continue to adjust our operations and safety protocols to protect guests and staff as guidance evolves. We’ll see you out on the trail for your mountain air adventure!
General: Open 9am-4pm Thursday through Monday
• Entrance to the Main Building is for guests with advance reservations ONLY; we can NOT accept walk-ins
• The Main Building is open for reservation check-in, restrooms, limited grab n’ go snacks, and limited gift shop operations
• Pets are not permitted at Lost River Gorge
• Restrooms may be accessed before and after completing the Gorge boardwalk trail
• Guests have two hours to walk the Gorge boardwalk trail
• Reservations can ONLY be made in advance online. There are no in-person ticket sales
• Reservations must be made for a specific arrival time on a specific date
• Entry is NOT guaranteed should you miss your arrival time
• Reservation check-in is available in the Main Building – please follow one-way directional signage
The Gorge Trail:
• The Gorge Trail is one-way ONLY and guests must exit over the deck onto the main grounds. Re-entry into the Main Building is permitted for restrooms and limited gift shop operations
• The Gorge Trail is a self-guided 1 mile boardwalk loop trail with over 1,000 stairs; sturdy footwear and outdoor clothing is recommended. You will encounter slippery footing and natural and manmade obstacles
• Some boulder caves along the Gorge Trail may be closed; all boulder caves may be bypassed
• Guests will have two hours to complete their walk, are encouraged to make limited stops, and use the hand sanitizer provided throughout the facilities
• Maintain a 6ft (2m) distance between you and other parties at all times
• Do not congregate around photo spots and keep the flow of traffic moving through the Gorge
• Guests are asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering when inside the Main Building
• Limited to grab ‘n go snacks only and no seating is available inside the Main Building. Limited seating is available in the picnic pavilion
• A water fountain is not available; bottled water and beverages are for sale in the grab ‘n go area
• A limited and crowd-controlled retail operation is available inside the Main Building
• The gift shop can only be entered at the end of your walk. To enter the gift shop, exit the deck area through the gate and enter the gift shop via the Main Building doors
• The Main Building, including the gift shop and restrooms, closes at 4pm.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic
Information on NH Safer at Home order